North Campus – University of Copenhagen

Forward this page to a friend Resize Print Bookmark and Share

English > Map and campus areas > North Campus

North Campus

North Campus is home to a large proportion of the Faculty of Science and the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences.

The University of Copenhagen's two faculties on North Campus are collaborating with Realdania, the Danish Building and Property Agency and the City of Copenhagen to create an international science city on North Campus, focusing on health, drugs and science.

The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences has already undergone major reorganisation and, before 2011, the Faculty of Science at the time parted with around 20% of its current floor space. We now face a great - and exciting - challenge to ensure that we improve the functionality of the remaining 80%.

The Danish Parliament has decided to improve laboratory buildings at Danish universities. In the case of the University of Copenhagen this decision means that the state will put up DKK 2.5 billion and the University itself will pay DKK 0.8 billion. This amounts to a total of DKK 3.3 billion for laboratory buildings at the University of Copenhagen. DKK 2.6 billion of this sum is to be used on four new laboratory buildings at the Faculties of Science and Health, and DKK 0.7 billion will be used to modernise existing laboratory buildings.

See a list of the large construction projects at North Campus
Read more at the North Campus group's website

Vidensbydel Nørre Campus